The majority of the restaurants affiliated with Thuisbezorgd.nl have seen their turnover grow by almost 50% in recent months. However, the company also realizes that there are many restaurants where the situation is unfortunately less rosy. These are restaurants that normally only derive part of their turnover from delivery and are therefore largely dependent on table reservations or take-out orders. Due to the mandatory closure, this turnover will almost completely disappear. These restaurants are often partners of Thuisbezorgd.nl’s own delivery service Scoober, which is active in the major cities. These deliverers can be recognized by the e-bikes and orange delivery bags. They are also employed and insured, the company reports.
“The measures follow a Corona support package that was announced in March 2020. To date, Thuisbezorgd.nl has already spent more than € 30 million in support for restaurants worldwide and approximately € 6 million in support for healthcare workers.”
The new restaurant support package includes:
▪ A 25% discount on the Scoober commission.
The delivery itself is therefore virtually free of charge for the affiliated restaurants;
▪ 0% commission for new restaurant registrations; and
▪ The commission for take-away orders, which was already temporarily abolished in March, remains 0%.
These measures take effect immediately and will remain in effect during the closure of the catering industry in the coming month.
Thuisbezorgd.nl also focuses on:
▪ Accelerated expansion of the current Scoober cities of Amsterdam, Rotterdam, The Hague, Utrecht, Eindhoven, Groningen, Haarlem, Almere, Den Bosch, Enschede, Leiden, Maastricht and Tilburg. Breda, Arnhem, Nijmegen, Apeldoorn and Amersfoort will be added in the very short term. Nijmegen starts today;
▪ Expansion of delivery areas in some of the current cities; and
▪ The recruitment of hundreds of additional delivery and support staff.
Thuisbezorgd.nl does not rule out further support measures in the future, according to the brand.
(PvWK, NB photo delivery above from before the pandemic)
About Thuisbezorgd.nl / Just Eat Takeaway.com
Just Eat Takeaway.com is a leading online marketplace for food delivery outside of China worldwide. The company, with its headquarters in Amsterdam, is focused on connecting consumers and restaurants through its platforms. With more than 205,000 affiliated restaurants, Just Eat Takeaway.com offers customers a wide variety of food. Just Eat Takeaway.com mainly works with delivery restaurants. In addition, Just Eat Takeaway.com offers its own delivery services for restaurants that do not deliver themselves. The combination of Just Eat and Takeaway.com has rapidly grown into a leading online food marketplace, operating in the UK, Germany, Netherlands, Canada, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Denmark, France, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Luxembourg, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain and Switzerland and through partnerships in Mexico, Colombia and Brazil. More information about Thuisbezorgd.nl can be found at https://www.justeattakeaway.com. ‘
(source: Just Eat Takeaway.com)