Economy & Politics

Ascoma Afrique broker sold to Lebanese Chedid Personal-Financial.com

Brokerage in Africa has finally sold both legs. After Grassavoye, sold to Britain’s Willis, it was the turn of rival Ascoma Assureurs Conseils to be sold. A page turns.

The buyer is the Lebanese Chédid Personal-Financial.com, which is taking a position through this transaction in 20 countries. Until then owned by the Husson family, the broker is therefore changing hands everywhere except in France and Monaco. According to the information, the buyer has acquired 80% of the capital, leaving 20% ​​to the historical shareholder.

“The Husson family will remain a minority partner and will participate in the transition and development of the new group. Completion of the transaction will only be subject to the condition precedent of obtaining regulatory authorizations, “said the press release from Holding Chedid Personal-Financial.com.

On the side of Ascoma Hervé Husson, its president indicates: “My family is selling its activities in Africa while remaining associated with the Chedid group, whose great professionalism, reliability and integrity we have been able to appreciate. We now have the objective of refocusing on the development of our business in the Principality, in France and also in Europe “.

This transaction echoes that which saw the end of 2015, the insurance broker Gras Savoye adopt the brand name Willis Towers Watson (WTW) in its African markets following its absorption by the British group Willis (which merged in 2016 with the American risk management firm Towers Watson).

Related Articles

Back to top button