The DAX 30 will once again show its stability at a high level at today’s end of the week. Therefore, a possible test of the 200-day line will again be “not an issue”. There is even a “golden cross” between the 38-day and 200-day lines. The trend following indicators (MACD, IKH) continue to confirm the trend. The short-term slow stochastics have even cooled off significantly. This means that the leading German index is by no means overbought from a market perspective. The Upper Bollinger Band continues to run at 12,773 index points. The hedges in the range 12.471, 12.325 and 12.141 should be maintained depending on the entry and individual risk perception. The DAX 30 is flanked “from outside” by uncertainty and nervousness. The previous “lid”, the gap at 12.471, now acts as the closest support. A sideways movement is again expected for today. Fundamentally, US producer prices will be released today at 2:30 p.m. The global leading indices continue to paint an overall upward picture. The drop height also increases. Therefore, the take-profit and stop-loss brands should be maintained or tightened stringently. Today’s daily range can again be classified from 12,665 to 12,471. All in all, a good overall picture for the last trading day of the week. At the end of this week, the leading German index seems to be saying goodbye to the weekend in a stable or slightly positive way.
– Next technical resistances: 12.764, 12.773 (upper Bollinger band), 12.913, 13.501
– Next important chart support: 12.471, 12.325, 12.141, 12.061
– Upper Bollinger band: 12,773, middle Bollinger band: 12,310 and lower Bollinger band: 11,824
– 100-day line: 11,303 and 200-day line: 12,161 and: 38-day line: 11,883
– Indicators: MACD: neutral | Slow stochastics: neutral | RSI: neutral | Momentum: positive
– Ichimoku Kinko Hyo: short term: neutral | medium-term: trend-confirming (!)
– Volatility (VDAX-NEW): 30.29
– The opening at 9:00 a.m. is expected at around 12,700
– (trailing) stop loss: 12.471, 12.325, 12.141, 12.061 (depending on individual risk perception)
Primary trend (long-term): Not yet back in lfr. Upward trend
Secondary trend (medium term): 12,913 – 12,061
Tertiary trend (today): 12,665 – 12,471 (gap)
DAX 30 stable at a high level
Disclaimer: The text is a column of the Martin Utschneider, Head of Technical Analysis Personal-Financial.com Markets at Donner & Reuschel. The content of the column is not the responsibility of 4investors and therefore does not necessarily have to agree with the opinion of the 4investors editorial team. Any liability and claims are therefore expressly excluded by 4investors!
At a glance – chart and news: DAX stock index