Sectors

Just Eat Takeaway takes over Grubhub

Just Eat Takeaway is the parent company of Thuisbezorgd.nl. Just Eat Takeaway will pay the $ 7.3 billion purchase in full in shares. Grubhub shareholders will receive 30 percent of the shares of the new combination and Just Eat Takeaway shareholders will receive the remaining 70 percent.

Thuisbezorgd.nl spreads its wings worldwide with the acquisition of the American Grubhub

Jitse Groen, CEO and founder of Just Eat Takeaway: “Matt Maloney from Grubhub and I are the two remaining veterans in this sector. We are both convinced that only companies with high-quality and profitable growth in our sector will survive. I am happy to create the largest home food delivery company in the world, except China. “

Matt Maloney, CEO and founder of Grubhub: “When Grubhub and Seamless were founded, the online takeaway industry didn’t exist in the US. My vision was to transform the delivery and pick-up ordering experience. Like so many other entrepreneurs, we started modestly – restaurant by restaurant in our Chicago neighborhood. Today Grubhub is a leader in North America. I have known Jitse Groen since 2007 and his story is very similar to mine. Combining our companies means that two pioneering startups have become a clear world leader. We share a focus on a hybrid model that places extra value on volume at independent restaurants and ensures profitable growth. “

Related Articles

Back to top button